It is estimated that about 10.7% of the world's childbearing population is struggling to get pregnant or stay pregnant. At EWH, we help make the dreams of having a family become a reality for many. As a result of our commitment to success, we have brought hope and helped women fulfill their dreams of becoming a parent.
We are focused on you.
The EWH team remains dedicated to give couples struggling with fertility issues their best chance to have a healthy pregnancy and successful delivery. We help patients fulfill their dreams of becoming a parent.
What to expect on your first visit?
Before beginning the treatment process, it’s important for our physicians to get a sense of who you are as a patient and what you hope to achieve. During your initial fertility consult, your physician may ask you some of the following questions to learn more about your medical history:
- How long have you been trying to conceive?
- Have you ever been pregnant before?
- If you have received any kind of fertility treatments before, what were they, and what the outcome was
During your initial fertility consult, your physician may also recommend certain tests to help better understand your fertility.Below are a few of the most common tests ordered:
- Blood work in order to test for infectious diseases, hormone levels, or genetic abnormalities.
- A complete physical examination including an ultrasound to give the fertility doctor a better understanding of the reproductive system.
- A hysterosalpingogram (HSG), a type of x-ray that may be used to reveal blockages in the fallopian tubes or other uterine abnormalities.
The doctor will go over specific fertility treatment plans in detail. Although a follow-up infertility consultation may be required. Patients will also have the opportunity to talk with one of our financial representatives to answer questions about cost, payment plans, insurance issues, and more. Your plan of care may involve the following treatment options:
- Ovulation Induction (OI)
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- In vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Using a Sperm or Egg Donor and/or Gestational Carrier