Essential Women's Healthcare now offers video-based Telemedicine, so you can stay home and still receive care
What is telemedicine and what can it be used for?
Telemedicine lets you connect to your provider remotely over video. Telemedicine is a great alternative for visits that do not need a physical exam.
What are the advantages of telemedicine?
- Telemedicine makes it possible for you to consult with your primary care physician via video.
- Allows access to specialty care
- Reduced chances of catching a new illness. (Reduces risks of exposure to communicable diseases – especially important for persons with compromised immunity, pregnant women or elderly)
- Eliminated transportation time and costs, cuts down on commute time, reduced wait time for appointments, reduced wait time in the office
- Money spent on gas, parking, and public transportation are immediately terminated. Also, providing immediate relief to those in rural areas or with limited physical abilities.
- Not required to take time off from work or school.
- Broader reach to specialists
How do I schedule a telemedicine appointment?
At this time please call our office at (732)-662-5499 to schedule a telemedicine appointment, and to determine if your medical concern can be handled remotely.
Will my insurance cover my visits?
During this coronavirus outbreak most insurance companies are expanding their coverage for Telemedicine. Typically a Telemedicine visit is treated the same way as an in-person visit for insurance billing purposes. For individual coverage questions, always contact your insurance provider.
What types of visits can I schedule through telemedicine?
Telemedicine visits are great for follow-up visits, medication questions, reviewing lab and test results, counseling, and general questions. Some examples include consultations for pre conception counseling, Infertility related concerns, birth control and contraception, menstrual problems, and mental wellness.
Essential Women's Healthcare uses secure and HIPAA compliant video platforms to protect patient's health information and privacy.
How can I check-in for my first telemedicine appointment?
Our office will share a personalized web link with you. This link works with any browser on a computer/device that is equipped with camera and microphone. You can securely log in and have a confidential conversation with our Healthcare providers via a Video chat.
What devices can I use for my appointment?
You can use a computer with a webcam or a smartphone with camera and microphone. Please ensure you have adequate broadband internet connection or a data plan for your smartphone.